Il Palazzo | A typical Tuscan stone farmhouse with spectacular views
About this listing
This typical Tuscan stone farmhouse lies overlooking the majestic Orcia valley, near Siena.
Famed for being the first Tuscan house to be restored by international designer Ilaria Miani in the Orcia valley for Via del Pellegrino. Once a ruin, Ilaria was able to turn this Tuscan farmhouse into a very personal house, where tradition and contemporary style blend perfectly.
Please quote ref 53N – 3700 when enquiring about this property.
Property highlights include:
- Dinner on the evening of your arrival (daily breakfast, is available at an extra charge)
- Satellite TV, VCR, DVD, CD player.
- WI-FI available throughout most of the house
The solar panels mean that the heating of the house and water occurs no extra cost.
Il Palazzo remains cool and fresh through the summer due to its setting at 650 meters. 30 acres of private woodland and orchard surrounds the house.
This Tuscan vacation home is not the best suited for small children, mainly because of the many different levels in the garden, and the steep terraces.
The following can be arranged on request for your convenience:
- Basic supplies are available such as mineral water (sparkling and still) balsamico, various spices, various English teas, Italian roast coffee, paper napkins, paper towel, toilet paper, soap, candles.
- Produce from the estate as extra virgin oil, vinegar, season crops from vegetable garden and orchard, various jams (plum, fig, apricot, quince), and honey.
Nearby there are plenty of enchanting villages to visit – Cetona, Pienza and Montepulciano – to name just a few and of course, there are numerous restaurants and wineries to explore where one can sample the delicious cuisine of Southern Tuscany. The owner always keeps us up to date on what is new and exciting.
Castiglioncello del Trinoro 2 km
Sarteano 10 km
Chiusi 11 km
Pienza e Cetona 15 km
The comfortable living room with antique stone fireplace has two doors opening to a lawn and a stone-paved terrace dominating the valley for unforgettable drinks at sunset.
A study/TV room can become a comfortable single bedroom for an extra guest with en suite shower room/WC.
A large dining room with a traditional peasant’s fireplace seats up to 16 guests around the custom made table.
A double door opens to the stone-paved and straw-covered al fresco dining area (two tables seating up to 24) beside the vegetable garden and just above the pool. Stunning views over the Val d’Orcia.
The fully equipped kitchen has eight gas burners, two ovens, double sinks, dishwasher and large availability of space for preparing food and storing. An adjacent room contains a two-door fridge with ice maker and cold-water dispenser, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing equipment, etc.
The infinity (13×4 meters) heated jet stream swimming pool lies on a terrace a couple of steps below the house. It is surrounded by stone pavement and has a pergola, straw changing room, and outdoor shower.
Solar panels for the pool to have it naturally heated at 28/30°C (82/86°F) in summer and 24-26°C (75/79°F) in the mid-seasons, depending on the weather.
Weekly Prices 2021
|PEAK SEASON||HIGH SEASON||MID. SEASON||LOW SEASON|
|10+1||€ 12.500,00||€ 9.500,00||€ 7.300,00||€ 5.200,00|
Included in the rental price:
- Fluent English speaking check-in rep welcoming the guests and showing them the house
- Proper upkeeping of the premises
- Final cleaning
- Weekly bed and bath linen change for stays longer than one week
- House heating
- Electricity, water, and Wi-Fi throughout the house
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry
- Firewood supply for fireplaces & barbecue
- Pool & hot tub heating through solar panels
- Pool and garden upkeeping
- Parking facilities
Not included in the rental price and to be paid on the spot:
- Extra pool and hot tub heating through the dedicated boilers will be charged on consumption at market price.
- Any damages to the property during your stay.
- Daily in-depth cleaning
- Additional bed and bath linen changing
- Kitchen cleaning and washing up
- Personal laundry and ironing
- Any further concierge service
- Site fee for weddings, parties, and events including a number of people exceeding the standard hosting capacity of the house to be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
- ID: 3700
- Guests: 11
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 6
- Check-in After: 4:00 PM
- Check-out Before: 10:00 AM
- Type: Entire Place / Farmhouse
- night: €742
- Security deposit: €1.500
- Additional guests: €1
- Allow additional guests: Yes
- Cleaning fee: €0 Per Stay
- City fee: €0 Per Stay
- Minimum days of a booking: 7
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Area
- Independent Heating
- ironing facilities
- Panoramic View
- Private Swimming Pool
- Satellite TV
- Sheets and Towels included
- TV Cable
- 5 star collection villa
- Free Parking
- Suitable for events
- Wedding Villa
Terms & rules
- Smoking allowed: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
- Party allowed: No
- Children allowed: Yes
- Cancellation Policy
- please ask for booking policies
Hosted by Mary
- Italian, English, German, French
- Profile Status
- Sort By:
- 8 Bedrooms
- 6 Baths
- 20 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Baths
- 10 Guests
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Baths
- 12 Guests
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Baths
- 12+4 Guests